Thursday, February 4, 2010

Challenge, Day 16: I for-GOT yesterday's!

How could I forget? Did I really forget? I thought I did it, or am I thinking of Tuesday's post? No, no, no! This can't be true! I can't believe I forgot! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Moving on..... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Last night I got eight hours of sleep. I have figured out that that is the amount my body runs best on. So why am I dragging right now? My eyes are droopy, and I either want to slug down a cup of black coffee, or go back to my bed and curl up in the deliciously warm cocoon of my down blanket and drift off. I had better not think too hard about the latter option. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What will today be like? I was wondering that (actually I was worrying :-() last night at church during worship time. And then the song leader began singing, "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone..." What a spot-on song for me at that moment! Of course God holds my tomorrows in His hands, and He goes before me through my days. I am thankful because these days God is gently teaching me about His care. I'm learning to love Him first and best, and realizing (not just "knowing", but really getting it) that when I live to please Him, He is pleased to be my champion and be ever there as my rescuer and the lifter of my head. What has He been showing you recently?

3 comments:

Karen Lange said...

He's been telling me much of the same. Perhaps it is something in the water:)

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Becky -

Don't you love it when the Lord reads your mail like that?

I was obsessing over a bill I received recently. It finally hit me. Pray about it. Call the town and find out what's going on. Trust that everything would work out okay. I did. God did. Problem solved.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Becky Lange said...

Praise God!