Sunday, January 31, 2010

Challenge, Day 13: "Why Are You Cast Down?"

Today didn't start off great. My hair isn't right, my makeup isn't right, I didn't get to drink enough coffee. I'm in a phase currently where the one cup of Jo I did get to drink is lagging and wearing off, and I'm tired and feeling like a grouch. But rather than go hide in a garbage can, I'm trusting that this afternoon will be bright and sweet. How can I know that the almighty God loves me and not have a smile on my lips? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 42:11 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:6 :) :) :)

2 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Becky -

I once heard someone say, "Just because a day starts out bad, doesn't mean it has to end bad."

Blessings,
Susan :)

Becky Lange said...

Thanks Susan! My day did turn around :-).