Thursday, January 28, 2010

Challenge, Day 10: Quotes!

Today will be a day of quotations. I selected the following quotes because I wish I'd thought or said them first, because I find them humorous or sweet, or just because I plain old like them for whatever reason. I might do a little writing for my own benefit, but we shall see if it will end up here or not. Remember, this is my challenge and my rules :-). Enjoy! Oh, wait a moment for the disclaimer: These have all been pulled from www.quotegarden.com sort of willy-nilly as I saw one I liked, so please don't assume that I'm a fan of the author or source in general. I don't even know who half of them are, really... ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you." ~A.A. Milne ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ You can always tell a real friend; when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adieu! I have too grieved a heart to take a tedious leave. ~William Shakespeare ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Think not because you are now wed That all your courtship's at an end. ~Antonio Hurtado de Mendoza ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors. ~African Proverb ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in a light so dim he would not have chosen a suit by it. ~Maurice Chevalier ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Individualism is rather like innocence: There must be something unconscious about it. ~Louis Kronenberger, Company Manners, 1954 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps. ~Miss Piggy

No comments: