Thursday, December 15, 2011

Home.

I began to realize how fundamentally attached I am to this world. The thing that made me realize just how much value I place on this passing life was that I thought about some goals that I hold very dear to my heart. These goals are wholesome and I believe are pleasing to God as part of His plan - but their completion requires that I be here on this earth. I began to fear that the turbulence in the world as part of the end times would interfere with my cherished hopes. And then I thought, "If my hopes and affections were placed first in Christ, I would rest in His plan for my future. I wouldn't need to fear or be anxious that things won't turn out as I had hoped - whatever my Father wills would bring my deepest peace and truest satisfaction." I am so far from this love of my heavenly Father and His ways! I desire it, but I haven't fully acquired it yet. Please Lord, "create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me..."

No comments: