Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today it is Pancakes.

pancakes,blueberries,food ** Today's thing that makes me smile: the first pancake (in my house we affectionately refer to it as the "test pancake"). It sizzles, it cooks, and when it's done I swoosh it around in the pan to soak up/spread around the extra cooking spray. I eat it with my fingers, completely plain. It's odd, but I love the slight crispiness of the outside with the cooking spray soaked in a little... ************************************************************************************(photo courtesy of poppyseed at photobucket.com: http://media.photobucket.com/image/pancakes/poppyyseed/Food/AZN7wsuV4qbt8cw8lywnXyKPo1_500_larg.jpg?o=10)

6 comments:

Karen Lange said...

Hmm, and I just usually toss the test pancake...

Raymonde said...

Did you say pancakes? I am over...

Privilege of the cook the first one.

Have a great 4th July. xxx

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Becky -

Oh, I love blueberry pancakes. Banana and apple pancakes also send my taste buds into ecstasy.

Of course, I do like them dripping in syrup. (It's probably why I need dental work.)

Blessings,
Susan :)

Becky Lange said...

Mom -
You don't know what you're missing... but I guess this could be a "to each his own" thing. :-)

Raymonde -
Come on over! Too bad there is only one "first" pancake! Maybe we could use multiple skillets? :-D

Susan -
I used to like my pancakes with butter and syrup, but recently switched over to having them either completely plain or with jimmies (ice cream sprinkles) cooked into them, sans butter and syrup. I'm hooked. Try them plain sometime. :)

Unknown said...

Love your blog! Visiting from Karen Lange and you had me sold when I saw those gorgeous stacks of pancakes!!! It is my weakness!

Becky Lange said...

Jen, so glad you stopped in! Pancakes seem to bring people together :-).

Have a great day!