Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday (and the peasants rejoiced)

Hello everyone! I hope this Friday finds you bright and cheery (I am working on those two...;). My morning began rather late, and is progressing quite slowly. Or, I should say, my conscious awareness of the day is progressing slowly. But it's Friday, and tomorrow is Saturday, and that is reason enough to have a little smile, don't you think? Tomorrow is also "Thunder Over Louisville", the kick-off for two weeks of Kentucky Derby festivities. Thunder's evening features a huge fireworks show set off from around the 2nd Street bridge in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm sort of waffling back and forth, trying to decide whether or not to go. In the six years that I've lived in the area, I have never gone! I'm told that it's worth it to go one time. I'm also aware that the show is crowded with throngs of all types of people (pick-pockets included). You see, while I heartily enjoy fireworks, I do not much enjoy large crowds. We shall see. Happy weekend to all!

5 comments:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Even though I'm a native New Yorker, I've never been to Times Square on New Year's Eve. Like you, Becky, I don't like crowds.

Blessings,
Susan :)

Karen Lange said...

:) Well, if you decide not to go else, the fireworks are televised...

Becky Lange said...

Susan --- glad you understand! I'm tempted to go just once for the experience, even if it's less than glamorous...but I still haven't made up my mind :)

Mom --- yes that's a good option I suppose :)

Letherton said...

sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I work from home or clients home. The picture was taken on black muslin held up by a portable background stand. I also enjoy photographing outdoors in natural light.

Thanks for the comment and for following my blog :)

Laura

Becky Lange said...

Letherton,

I enjoy using natural lighting also. I haven't yet experimented with backgrounds and such quite yet, but I think it would be a good thing for me to learn! Have a great day!