Sunday, August 16, 2009

Youth Camp and the Kentucky State Fair

This has been a pretty busy week, but a good one. Last weekend I was at a youth camp that the FuGens (Future Generation - my church's youth group) put on. Technically I was "staff" since I am not between the ages of 13 and 21... but at 23 I still had a really good time and got a lot out of it. There were some convicting things in the messages, and I was also encouraged and motivated to seek God. Praise Him. Yesterday I dropped off one drawing and my only watercolor at the Kentucky State Fair for judging. I think they judge them before the fair begins (on Aug 20th) and I have to go to see if I was awarded anything. Fun stuff. I didn't realize how HUGE the Fair and Expo Center is! Fine Arts are in the South Wing A which was gigantic -- and there are two other South Wings plus Freedom Hall, plus I don't know what else. It's pretty cool, and I am looking forward to going to the Fair in the next few days not only to check out the judging on the art but just to look around and see what the fair is all about.

1 comment:

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Becky -

The Fair sounds like such fun! Years ago, a friend regularly submitted her beautiful crocheted pieces. I think she even won a couple of prizes. Maybe you will too. :)

Blessings,
Susan